Apply for a Grant
Applications are made in two stages:
1) Preliminary Application
A Preliminary Application to the Matana Foundation for Young People must include the following information:
- A brief description of the organisation including ACN, ABN, state of incorporation, address, contact details and contact person.
- Background and history of the organisation including mission and primary purpose, achievements, size of staff and annual operating budget.
- Outline the purpose of the application.
- Provide a brief description of the project, its aims and objectives, project beneficiaries and anticipated outcomes.
- The timeline of the proposed project.
- Total fundraising target for the project and budget breakdown, including sources of income for the project including other organisations approached or which are intended to approach for funding of the project.
- The amount of support requested from the Foundation.
- Confirmation that the applicant organisation is an eligible organisation and holds appropriate endorsements from the Australian Tax Office.
Applications which do not contain the relevant information will not be considered.
2) Detailed Application
If the Foundation is of the view that your project may fall within its funding priorities, you will be invited to submit a Detailed Application with the following information:
- The organisation’s annual report.
- The organisation’s audited financial statements.
- Evidence of endorsement by the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient and as an Income Tax Exempt Charity.
- The membership of the Board of the organisation.
- A full description of the organisation.
- A full description of the project, what is the long-term program and what will be the project plan after the initial funding.
- Details of other funding sources applied for or received.
- Supporting evidence – videos, printed material, etc.
- Fully detailed budget of income and expenditure and the number of years that the project is expected to run.
- Names of referees and any other supporting material.
- Evaluation method.
For additional information on the application process – including timing, assessment and follow up – see our FAQs.
“The universe gives us extra chances to keep dreaming.
Each one an uprising, a burst of colour in the cracks of our hearts,
sunrise at an unexpected time, in an unexpected place.” – Anon.